2017 NGPA Education Fund Scholarship Application
The NGPA and NGPA Education Fund are pleased to announce that over $100,000 in scholarships will be awarded in 2017.
The scholarships are broken into two cycles. The first cycle is currently open and will close on April 16, 2017. Click on "Apply here" below to view further requirements for Cycle 1. Cycle 1 will award a total of $45,000, of which is one (1) $1,000 Steven Moore scholarship.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY FOR 2017 CYCLE 1 SCHOLARSHIPS
Apply here >
2017 Cycle 2 Scholarship Information
The Cycle 2 scholarship application will open in May 2017, and we will award, along with our airline partners, (3) B737 Type Ratings and (3) $5,000 scholarships for aspiring pilots. We will also award (1) $5,000 private pilot scholarship and along with United Airlines (2) tech ops scholarships. Below are the details of the tech ops scholarship which will be available to apply for starting in May.
ALL NEW TECH OPS SCHOLARSHIPS
New in 2017, during Cycle 2, we will award (2) $1,500 tech ops scholarships and (1) $5,000 private pilot scholarship. United Airlines and NGPA are teaming up to offer two (2) $1,500 scholarships towards tech ops related professions. The eligibility and criteria needed to apply are:
- Must be a current full time Junior, Senior or Graduate student enrolled in an accredited post-secondary college or technical institute, collegiate aviation, or aeronautical science program at application deadline. (If student in a certificate only program, must have successfully completed the first half of required training.)
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA required
- This scholarship is intended for individuals seeking advancement in professional aviation development towards a career as an Aviation Maintenance Technician (AMT), an Avionics Technician, an Aeronautical Engineer (Structures, Systems, Powerplant, Interiors, or other related), or within the Aviation Maintenance Management realm. Funds will be used to advance associated training and will be paid directly to the institution or school. The recipient will be chosen on a basis of merit, career aspirations, and dedication, as well as contributions to their community and service with NGPA.
Items that must be included with the application:
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a faculty member and one from a personal reference who is familiar with the candidate’s relevant career goals and/or contributions to community and/or NGPA.
- Academic Transcripts
- An essay describing the following:
- Achievements, honors, leadership, volunteerism, and aviation development to date
- Involvement with NGPA
- Career aspirations with United Airlines