2017 Cape Cod Classic Presented by Wings Financial Terms & Conditions
The 2017 Cape Cod Classic Presented by Wings Financial Participant Waiver And Release
1. Waiver and Release. I, the Participant, release and forever discharge and hold harmless the NGPA from any
claim or liability that I, the Participant, may have against the NGPA with respect to any bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from my participation in the 2017 NGPA Cape Cod Classic Presented by Wings Financial.
2. Assumption of Risk. The undersigned understands that participation in the NGPA is potentially hazardous. Participation in the 2017 NGPA Cape Cod Classic Presented by Wings Financial carries with it certain inherent risks that cannot be eliminated completely ranging from minor injuries (e.g. sprains, broken bones, cuts, torn muscles or ligaments) to catastrophic injuries including death. I hereby expressly and specifically assume the risk of injury or harm in these activities and release the NGPA from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from ALL activities promoted, associated with, and sponsored by the NGPA.
3. Use of Image. The undersigned consents to the use of his/her image in photos, video, audio recording, and film of the undersigned’s participation in all NGPA events.
4. Authority to Register and/or to Act as Agent. The undersigned hereby represents and warrants to the NGPA that he/she has full legal authority to complete this Waiver and Release on behalf of the undersigned and/or any party that the undersigned is registering (collectively, the “Registered Parties”), including full authority to make use of the credit or debit card to which registration fees will be charged. If the undersigned is registering a child under the age of 18, the undersigned represents and warrants that he/she is the parent or legal guardian of that party and has the legal authority to enter into this Waiver and Release on their behalf and by executing this Waiver and Release, the undersigned agree that the terms of this Waiver and Release shall apply equally to all Registered Parties.
5. Indemnification. The undersigned agrees to indemnify and hold each of the NGPA’s officers, past and present employees, agents, volunteers, as well as vendors and sponsors harmless from and against any and all damages, costs, claims or demands, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising from or relating to the participation of the Registered Parties in the 2017 NGPA Cape Cod Classic Presented by Wings Financial or the violation of any term of this Waiver and Release.
6. Standards of Behavior. I understand and agree that I am expected to exhibit appropriate behavior at all times and to obey all local, state, and federal civil and criminal laws at all times while participating in or attending the Event. This includes, without limitation, adherence to all laws, ordinances, and regulations governing the use of alcohol and illicit substances, as well as respect for all persons, equipment, facilities, property, and venues. I understand that alcoholic beverages may be served at some of the 2017 NGPA Cape Cod Classic Presented by Wings Financial events; I understand and agree that while the NGPA will make reasonable efforts to ensure that minors are not served alcohol, compliance with local and state laws governing the use and consumption of alcohol is entirely the responsibility of each attendee. I understand and agree that the restrictions in this paragraph include, without limitation, providing alcohol to minors and permitting access to the Event to persons who are not registered to attend. I understand that the NGPA may, in its sole discretion, dismiss me without refund and/or deny my registration for any future NGPA events for a period of one (1) year, for any violation of this paragraph, or should my behavior endanger the safety of or negatively affect the Event, any person, facility, or property.
7. Students. Underwriting of student discounts is provided solely by NGPA members who wish to help those individuals pursuing aviation as a professional career. Therefore, the NGPA has established a set of common guidelines to ensure these funds are used appropriately. Eligible candidates must agree to and meet the following criteria and conditions:
a. Must be an active (paid) student member of the National Gay Pilots Association. Free memberships are not eligible for student discounts.
b. Must provide proof of enrollment in an accredited 2- or 4-year aviation degree program OR be pursuing aviation and/or flight training.
c. Must provide proof of full time enrollment status in the current academic semester. Full time enrollment shall be defined as follows:
i. For undergraduate students, full-time enrollment is 12 credits or more per semester.
ii. For graduate students, full-time enrollment is 9 credits or more per semester.
iii. Anything less than specified above shall be considered part-time enrollment.
d. Student discounts are limited to the following time frames:
i. For undergraduate students, the Association will allow registrations at a student rate for a period not to exceed more than four calendar years from the first student registration.
ii. For graduate students, the Association will allow registrations at a student rate for a period not to exceed more than two calendar years from the first student registration.
iii. For students not meeting the definition of “undergraduate” or “graduate” as described above, discounts will be allowed solely at the discretion of the National Gay Pilots Association Events Planning Committee.
e. All student registrations are subject to subsequent review and approval by the National Gay Pilots Association Events Planning Committee.
f. Those applicants not approved for student status per the guidelines listed above shall pay the difference to the regular (full price) event registration rate.
g. Those applicants not approved for student status who wish to cancel their registration will be allowed to do so less a $15 administrative credit processing fee.
h. Students receiving discounts are expected to volunteer as directed by members of the Events Planning Committee.
i. Terms and conditions are subject to change at the discretion of the National Gay Pilots Association.
8. NGPA Bathroom Policy. [RESERVED]
9. Refunds and Sellouts. Full cancellations will be granted through close of business on Monday, Sept. 4, 2017 with a $15 administrative credit processing fee. After that, no refunds will be provided. In the event of a sellout, and if there is a waiting list, refunds will be provided on a one-for-one basis, less a $15 administrative credit processing fee. The NGPA accepts no responsibility and is not liable for fees assessed and/or charges incurred due to cancellations, refunds, or sellouts. Waivers of the refund policy due to medical emergency, death, etc. will be allowed on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the Event Planning Committee Chair or the Executive Director. The Association does not provide refunds due to travel problems or interruptions (missed flights, cancelled flights, weather delays, etc.).
BY INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE, YOU ARE AFFIRMING THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS WAIVER AND RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING THE RIGHT TO SUE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE SIGNING THE WAIVER AND RELEASE FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY, AND INTEND BY YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO BE A COMPLETE AND UNCONDITIONAL RELEASE OF ALL LIABILITY TO THE GREATEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW.
I HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO THIS WAIVER.